I love a good icy summer cocktail, and this one is one of my favorites for this time of year when it’s prime season for peaches and mint around the Carolinas.
I don’t really have a name for it. I’ve considered “Peach Better Have My Mint” or “You Wanna Peach of Me.” Or, for a more of-the-minute name, “Im-Peach Him.”
Anyway, here’s the easy recipe if you’d like to make your own. And if drinking it gives you some better name inspiration, please send it my way!
- 2-3 ounces of Bird Dog Peach Whiskey (depends on how strong you want it)
- One 6.8-ounce bottle of Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- One tablespoon of mint simple syrup*
- Pour over ice in copper mugs, stir, add sprig of mint to garnish
* I make my own mint simple syrup by bringing equal parts sugar and water with mint leaves to a boil and then letting it steep, straining it, and letting it cool. But you can also buy mint simple syrup that’s pretty good too.